April 28, 2020
Categories: Education, Youth
We’ve put together three fun origami activities kids can do at home, along with a way to put each into a card for someone they love. Please check our Safari Club and Forward Bound newsletters for more fun crafts and games!
Turn a bill into a pair of pants.
- Lay a bill flat.
- Fold it in half horizontally.
- Make a crease and unfold.
- Fold the top edge down to meet the crease.
- Fold the bottom edge up to meet the crease.
- Fold the bill in half horizontally again.
- Fold the bill in half at an angle so that one short end folds in toward the other.
Cut a line into a piece of paper and tuck the pants into it. Draw a clothesline and other clothes.
Home is Where the Heart is
Make an origami heart from a dollar bill.
- Lay a dollar bill flat.
- Fold in half vertically. Crease and unfold.
- Fold up the bottom edge.
- Fold the bottom corners in toward the top. They should meet in the center and form a point at the bottom.
- Flip the bill over.
- Fold the center top pieces open like a shirt collar. Fold the outer corners in like triangles.
- Now fold the left and right points in.
- Flip the dollar open and give to someone you love!
Cut a line into a piece of paper and tuck the heart into it. Then decorate and give to someone you love.
Turn a bill into a fish.
- Fold the bill in half lengthwise, crease and unfold.
- Fold the corners from one end in toward the line to form two triangles.
- Turn the bill over.
- Fold along the middle line.
- Turn the bill over again and fold the square flap on the left in half to make a triangle.
- Then fold the other side in to the top of the triangle.
- Fold the top and bottom corners of the flat side in to form two triangles.
- Turn the bill over to see the fish!
Cut a line into a piece of paper and tuck the fish into it. Draw water and a fishing reel.
Cynthia Kolko, The Summit Federal Credit Union
Want to save some of that money? Check out our savings accounts!