Applying online is as easy as 1-2-3.
Check today’s mortgage rates, then apply online in as little as 20 minutes.
Fixed Mortgage Rates
Rates as of: 12/03/2020
See what your monthly mortgage payment will be
Meet the Mortgage Team
Mortgage Account Executive
Office: (585) 453-7287
Cell Phone: (585) 329-4488
Fax: (585) 453-7216
Central New York
Kim M. Campbell
Mortgage Loan Originator
Office: (585) 453-7098
Cell Phone: (585) 615-1398
Fax: (585) 453-7216
Central New York
Cortland/ SUNY Cortland
No Closing Costs Option
For a slight difference in the mortgage interest rate, we will pay the typical closing costs associated with the new mortgage including the appraisal, credit report fee, attorney fee, title insurance, mortgage tax and recording fees.1
3% Down Payment Mortgage Option
This is a great option for homebuyers who are interested in making a lower payment. Speak to a Mortgage Originator for details.
Fixed Rate Mortgages
We offer 10, 15, 20, and 30 year terms for both primary and secondary residences.
“2 for 1” Mortgage & Home Equity Combo
By opening both a Summit mortgage and a Summit home equity loan, buyers receive a special preferred home equity rate with no closing costs.2
80/10/10 or 80/15/5 Mortgages
With an 80/10/10 or 80/15/5, buyers get a standard mortgage for 80% of the purchase price, put 5% or 10% down, and borrow the remaining 10% or 15% in a separate second mortgage. This option let’s buyers avoid Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI), possibly reducing their monthly mortgage payment.
One-Year Adjustable Rate (ARM) Mortgages
The initial rate on this mortgage is fixed for a one-year period. The rate is adjusted annually thereafter on the loan’s anniversary date.
Refinance with Cash-Out
A “Cash-Out Refinance” occurs when the amount of the new mortgage exceeds the amount needed to repay the first mortgage and associated costs. The borrower can choose to use the additional cash for a different purpose.
If you have an existing Summit first mortgage, you may be eligible to streamline refinance to a new, lower rate mortgage with reduced closing costs. Certain restrictions apply so please contact us for more information.
Homebuyer Dream Program
What’s more exciting than buying your first home? Getting up to $15,000 in grant funds for the down payment and closing costs3!
Requirements to participate in the program include:
• You are, or become, a member of The Summit Federal Credit Union.
• You have not owned a home for three years prior to the purchase of your new home.
• Your gross household income is 80% or less than your area’s median income
• Your new home, purchased as your primary residence, is located in New York State.
To find out more about the Homebuyer Dream Program, Contact our Mortgage Team today at (800) 836- 7328 extension 7010. We’ll give you information and see if you qualify!
You can also take our quick questionnaire and someone will contact you with more information.
Need More Information?
For more information about mortgage products, including refinancing, contact us at (585) 453-7010 or (800) 836-7328 extension 7010, or submit the form below. We are happy to assist you.
We do business in accordance with the Federal Fair Housing Law and the Equal Credit Opportunity Act. All mortgage programs at The Summit Federal Credit Union require credit and property approval. You must be a Summit member to apply. All terms and conditions may change at anytime without prior notice. Mortgage loans are only available for owner-occupied 1-4 family properties located in New York State. The Summit Federal Credit Union, NMLS#: 454066.
- Buyer must keep mortgage for three years from the anniversary date of the mortgage recording to avoid repayment of the closing costs. If buyer pays off the loan prior to the third anniversary date of the mortgage recording, buyer must reimburse The Summit the costs of the fees it paid on the buyer’s behalf.
- Closing costs may include, but are not limited to, a title search, abstract redate, mortgage tax, filing fees, flood certification fee, Credit Union attorney fee, and title insurance and are estimated to range from 3.0% to 5.0% of the amount borrowed.
- A first-time homebuyer is defined as an individual who has not owned a home during the 3-year period prior to the purchase of the new home. Members must meet qualification requirements and be a first-time home buyer. HDP funds are distributed on a first come first serve basis. There is no guarantee that funds will be available when your Reservation Request is submitted. The grant is administered through Federal Home Loan Bank of NY program and subject to their approval.
Not responsible for typographic errors.
Find a Mortgage Loan Originator